Carrie Bock, LPC-MHSP
- Celebrator of small successes
- Promoter of self-care
- Believer in taking my own advice before giving it to you
- Direct- no guessing at what I think or secret inner analysis
- A licensed counselor with 14 years of experience
- A podcast host of Hope for Anxiety and OCD.
- A former clinical supervisor for therapists in training
- An EMDR Consultant, which is the highest level of training and certification in EMDR
- Happily married
- Mother to a beautiful daughter
- Former foster parent
- Animal lover and cat lady
My values surrounding therapy
- Growth: Everyone has the capacity to grow today towards a different tomorrow.
- Health: Physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. It’s all important.
- Collaboration: Let’s work together to help you reach your goals.
- Feedback: From you, gives me insight into what you feel is working/not working or what you need more or less of.
- Purpose: Plans/interventions/approaches are connected to the issues you are bringing in.
- Freedom: You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do.
- Independence: It’s my goal to have you function well without me.
About By The Well Counseling
What’s up with the name?
By The Well is named after a woman who went for water and came back with something much greater (see John 4). She didn’t know that trip to the well was going to be life changing. In the same way, you may be closer to life change than you realize.
Is this Christian counseling?
Yes and no. It is if you want it to be. Some of my clients come here because their faith in God is important to them and they want that incorporated into their counseling process. I also have clients who have a different faith or no faith and choose me based on my specialty areas. I respect their belief system and don’t incorporate Christianity into their counseling process.
M, T, TH- 9:00am - 5:00pm
F- intensives (3 or 6 hour blocks of therapy)
Anywhere in Tennessee! Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Cookeville, Lebanon, Franklin, Brentwood, Nolensville, Mt. Juliet, Hermitage, Clarksville, Jackson, Johnson City, Bartlett
433 Nissan Dr, Suite 303
Smyrna, TN 37167
Since I'm in session most of the day, the fastest and most efficient way to reach me is through the website!